You can find the Winners Announcement here.
Technological progress has enabled millions of people to express their creativity in so many ways.
On YouTube alone, there are hundreds of young, talented, and enthusiastic new creators appearing every day. They make animations, shoot sketches, upload educational content, and do tons of other things you couldn’t even imagine.
If you love expressing yourself creatively by writing stories or making videos for the world to see—tell us about it!
Here at Cool.Club, we want to know about your experiences, hear your story, and get inspired by you. That’s why we’re starting our $1,500 Video Contest Scholarship for Students Who Enjoy Writing. Make sure to stay tuned! We are going to run it on a regular basis!
Don’t pass on it because you think you’re nothing special. You are! And all you need to do to qualify is to show your creative side in the best way possible!
Are you ready? The prize is waiting for you!
Keep reading to learn how to get it!
Highlights of the Video Contest
- We’ll give a $1,000 scholarship to the winner and a $500 prize to the runner-up.
- We’ll publish the best videos on our YouTube channel.
- Winners will also receive individual certificates from Cool.Club.
Eligibility Requirements for Participation
- You must be a high school, university, or college student. We accept applications from students of all countries.
- We will ask the winners to send us proof of their educational status.
1. Shoot an original video on one of these two topics:
- How to maintain a high level of productivity while dealing with tons of writing work
- How to procrastinate the right way to accomplish your writing goals
Your video has to:
- Cover one of the given topics
- Be in English only
- Have a title that’s catchy, creative, and reflective of your ideas
- Be 1:30 – 2:30 minutes long
- Be uploaded in one of the following formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, .MP4, .AVI
2. Use one of these file-hosting services to upload your video: Dropbox, Google Drive, Streamable, or WeTransfer.
Note: When uploading, do not set the video to public access.
3. Like and share the Contest video description on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+; subscribe to the Cool.Club YouTube channel.
4. Send us a message on Facebook OR contact us via email at [email protected] with:
- A link to your uploaded video
- A screenshot of the Contest video-description shared on social media
- A screenshot proving your subscription to the Cool.Club YouTube channel
- The answer to the question: “Where did you find out about the Cool.Club Contest?”
We’ll accept applications from September 10, 2018, 12:00 AM EST to October 7, 2018, 12:00 AM EST.
Each participant can only submit one video and receive one award.
How We Will Evaluate Submissions
Before publishing your video on the Cool.Club YouTube channel, it will be evaluated by our editorial team according to the following criteria:
- Production Quality
We’ll publish the best videos that meet all the above criteria on the Cool.Club YouTube channel and then open them up for online voting.
Voting will start on October 22, 2018, 12:00 AM EST and end on October 28, 2018, 12:00 AM EST.
The two videos with the most likes on YouTube will be considered the winners. We do allow participants to ask their friends to vote for them and share their video on social media.
We’ll announce the winners on November 5, 2018, on the Cool.Club blog.
To receive their awards, the winners must prove that they’re currently enrolled or studying. In case they’re unable or unwilling to provide this proof, we’ll give the award to the next suitable contestant.
By entering the Contest, you confirm that you understand the criteria and all Contest rules and that you agree to accept the decision of the judges. You also agree to let us edit, upload for public access, share, and use your video in any other way at our discretion.